Wednesday 27 February 2013

Relaxer Day 23.02.13

So it's that time again, when the hair need to be relaxed. I really can't remember when I last relaxed it. But based on my investigative work..I am no less than 12 weeks post. Usually my hair start sulking past 10-12 weeks, so in order to avoid a full blown tantrum and have a set back, I indulged my hair with a dose of the creamy crack!

You guys know by now..this sista don't do DIY with this costic substance.  So off to the hair dresser I go.

He applied protectants to my scalp, hair line as well as my hair to avoid over processing in the event of over lap.


















He then separated my hair in four sections



Working each section one at a time, he applied DE sensitive relaxer (creamy crack) to the hair. Leaving the edges last as they are most sensitive. Also the edges take the relaxer quicker than the rest of the hair. Leaving the ends till last ensure that the edges don't take before the rest of the hair had time to absorb the cream.


  Note: there isn't any cream on the ends of my hair. It is only applied to the new growth.






Washed out cream with the neutralizing Shampoo thoroughly!!

Many people believe that the hair should get a treatment after a relaxer but their is no need. ( I will discuss in a later blog) Applied 6 in 1 reconstructing conditioner and left on hair for few minutes

Rinse WELL

Applied moouse to damp hair and roller set




 Sat under hooded dryer for as long as it took to dry











Remove rollers and trimmed/dust hair ends- without CUTTING hair to affect length retention



Wrapped hair and tied with satin scarf - reasons: 1. Protect my hair from the environment ( winter) 2.I save time doing it at home. If I need to go out I just comb it down.


 Next day I took it down, moisturised and sealed


If I did it myself.. I would be working through the evening/night. Not doing it myself.....Max 4-5 hrs

Love my hairdresser.

HHJ- Ladyno

No comments:

Post a Comment