Thursday 18 April 2013

DIY washday

I really haven't had the time to do My posts like I did, before going back to work. But here I am,on the bus,on my way to a meeting and I thought why not, so here goes.

So five week ago, I was due my fortnightly hair treatment and could not make the the journey to my hairdresser, for one reason or another. So I had to DIY. I really wanted to use the products that he does but they are not sold in the UK. I decided that I would order them anyway but in the meantime, what would I use?
I did a bit of research and decided to try the Elasta QP CONDITIONER.

The night before. I pre-pooed with warm castor oil, covered wih plastic cap and one woolly hat and went to sleep. I used my usual Keracare products and decided to do a mild protein treatment adding ORS Professional to the mix, I then used the Elasta conditioner and OMG! My hair felt amazing. I will not give a review now, but will wait until after a few more uses.

Two weeks later , I was due yet again my fortnightly wash and my hairdresser couldn't accommodate me, so again, I had to do my DIY. However, this happened a week late 14/04/13. I didn't get a chance to pre-poo but I washed with my usual and deep conditioned with my new Design Essential range that arrived from the USA. Because I was a week late, I thought I would mix the Express Instant Moisturising and the Stimulations Super Moisturising Conditioners together. I placed my plastic cap over the hair and two woolly hats to generate heat as I needed to get on with my wife/mummy duties as this was a Sunday.
This I kept on all day for about 9 hours (there is no need to keep it on this long) . I had a very busy day.
After putting the girls to bed. I rinsed my hair thoroughly! I tap dried my hair, added my leave-in and made six flat twists; three on each side.
I didn't want to go to bed with very damp hair and I didn't want to go under the hooded dryer. I used the blow dryer just to take the wet away on low heat. I then tied my hair and went to bed. .
This morning, I took out the flat twists, (one twist was still a bit damp) with my swag oil, and put my hair in a bun. BACK TO WORK!!







No comments:

Post a Comment